Boris Becker found guilty of 4 counts related to his bankruptcy in 2017

Former World No. 1 Boris Becker was found guilty of 4 counts under the insolvency law for his bankruptcy in 2017. Separately, the former German tennis star was acquitted of a further 20 counts by Southward Crown Court.

Becker, a 6-time Grand Slam champion, has been accused of hiding millions of pounds in assets, including his 2 Wimbledon trophies, to avoid paying his debts.

Becker, who faces a maximum prison sentence of 7 years on each count, was released on bail ahead of his next sentence. This sentencing is scheduled for April 29.

Becker felt “shocked and embarrassed”

After the announcement of the verdict, the former professional tennis player felt “shocked” and “ashamed”

Earlier this year, Becker worked as a tennis pundit for Eurosport during the Australian Open. After Rafael Nadal won a record 21 Grand Slam titles, the former German pro said it was a historic day.

“It was a day made for tennis history,” Becker told Eurosport after the Majorcan champion’s victory in Melbourne. “We didn’t have Nadal at the top of the list (of favourites) 15 days ago.

He was in good shape, he won the preparation tournament in Melbourne. After more than a decade, Nadal has won the Australian Open again, on hard court. “Before that (Australian Open 2022), Nadal was injured for 6 months.

Now we are witnessing it: Rafa broke the record of Federer and Djokovic,” Becker added. “You make a mistake if you call Rafa the king of clay again. He has won on all surfaces and in all Grand Slam tournaments at least twice (like Djokovic). He is now the most successful player of all time, we can say that loud and clear.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*