What would happen if we made a severe and authentic promise? Already, since the beginning of 2022, 19 people have lost their lives due to drowning. Last year, 81 died in the water, and as the years go by, the situation doesn’t really improve. Too much recklessness, too much negligence, too much recklessness.
The promise ? Belt, vest or float, call it what you want, but you have to put it on. Whether it’s blazing hot, running over rain gear, or cutting your tan, you have to put it on. If there are deaths that can be avoided, they are these.
How many people have died because the belt was used as a cushion under the buttocks? Others let it drag in the bottom of the boat or worse, in the front of the boat while sitting in the stern. As if a fall into the water or a capsize were foreseeable and that we had plenty of time to put on our jacket when the unlikely happened. Why risk it? Come on, promise yourself that you will not commit this negligence again, if only to set an example around you. And if you are one of those fishermen, kayakers, skiers or others who are always up to date with the latest technology, you know very well that there are now life-saving devices, very small, compact flotation devices that you no longer feel a minute later. attaching them to your body.
save a life
You can save a life, yours and perhaps also that of someone who loves you and who will take the step for you. However, without a float, that person is more likely to die than save you, with the best intentions in the world.
Often when we think of drowning we think of a swimming pool, but the Lifesaving Society statistics make you think. First, keep in mind that most drownings occur between May and September. They occur more frequently in rivers, at 41%. In lakes, it is about 26%; in swimming pools, 15%.
The reasons ? Always the same: poorly equipped, negligence, a little too much to drink, etc.
Come on, let’s spread the word and take charge like adults, even for a short ride on a pedalo, pontoon or boat. You don’t know how ridiculous and lacking in tuque you feel when, after capsizing, you see your jacket floating about ten meters from you. I know what I mean.
of the enclave
- happy birthday today to michael bergeron, 76 candles. Three more than his former left back Marc Tardif.
- It is also a June 12 (1969) that Marc Tardiffthe day of his 20th birthday, had been written on the 2ndme rank by Canadian. This is the last year that Montreal was entitled to the top two French-Canadian options. Who had been the first? Rejean Houle.
- the funeral of pierre rinfret at the Church of the Nativity, in La Prairie. The family will receive condolences from 11:00 a.m. and the religious ceremony will take place at 1:00 p.m.
- Did you know that the oldest golf club in North America is the royal montreal on Île Bizard, where the illustrious Presidents Cup Tournament will return in 2024. paul wilson Will he be the communications man for the event? I’d give that a two. A five, even.
- Retired and back in his native Rouyn-Noranda, Paulino Bordeaux, 69, will have hit the road for more than fifty years in hockey as a player and coach. he is very proud of Thomas his grandson, who was recruited by San José. This family is very illustrious. The three brothers, Christian, Jean-Pierre and PaulinThey have played in the NHL. Sebastian, Paulin’s son, also evolved in the big circuit, and, ThomasSébastien’s son is 3me generation. It runs through his veins.
- Yes, joseph manson playing with the colorado avalanche is in fact the son of David Manson who played two and a half years with the Canadiens.
- An event to highlight in red in the world of golf. congratulations to Joan Frenette, Vice President of the Laval-sur-le-Lac Golf Club. She is the first woman on the club’s executive committee…in 105 years. Progress cannot be stopped.